Nother Day Nother Dollar

What is this grind really about?  Do you ever find yourself asking that question.  I guess it could be summed up as the meaning of life.  For many men and women, me included, there comes a time and a place where there must be something more, some greater purpose for us in this world.  For me, I am still looking for the big bang fall from the sky tell me what its all about.

I do know that I have found a home as a teacher of sorts.  Perhaps not a teacher of math, sciences, or history, but a teacher of people in the prospect of helping people.  You may ask how that comes about.  It comes about purely by happenstance. 

A few years ago when I was building homes, I found that it became such a grind.  Now don't get me wrong, I know that I was a good solid builder and that produced a quality home that my clients could be proud of.  Is that and was that enough?

It is referred to as the midlife crisis by old people....of which I am not old, but am I old enough to be at that cross roads of starting to think about legacy.  Perhaps that is what that crisis is really about.  I can tell you, when I began to question myself and my purpose, it provided an avenue of creativity that was stagnate or to be honest with you, probably was never there to begin with.  I have always been a do it just good enough to win. 

That is sad to say, but I can tell you, whether it was sports, school, career, I have always been blessed with the ability to rise to the top with minimal efforts.  I wonder if passion for something would shift me out of drive into overdrive, or even better hyperdrive. 

With that said, Darren Hardy, the editor of Success magazine, has his BHAG for each year.  His Big Hairy Audacious Goal.  What is your BHAG?

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes