The Dark Tower

To be perfectly honest with you, this week has been an absolute blur.  If you remember, I had committed to many things this year as far as new years resolutions, and in the last week, every single one, from push-ups, to blogging everyday went the way side. 

I would like to think that I was immune to the ups and downs of life as I tend to be a very even kealed person, but for some reason, the last week just knocked me on my butt. 

We had a major event last week, and it was going very smoothly as far as the planning stage until at the last minute, it sold out.  In the last 4 days before an event with 1035 presold tickets to a venue that could accomodate 988 people we decided to add another entire event.  Now, obviously that would seem to not be that big of a deal, but I think last week the stress to maintain a high level of energy, good attitude, and all around attitude of "yep, this thing is going to go off without a hitch" when in my mind I was thinking, please oh, please let everything go smoothly.

To top it off, I had a number of people that were working me over for information on the event that was not pertinent, and in my attempt to be gracious, I took on a bit more effort than I should of.

All in all, a week that sucked the energy out of me, allowed me to have a moment of weakness and drop off the band wagon for my new years resolutions.

It can't just be me that has the occasional up and down, thinking holy crap, how does it all come together, and how do we all fit in this place, and is our purpose sound, you know, midlife crisis crap!

I did have a birthday on Sunday, which I suppose with my family history, I technically have approached the mid point of my existence.  That is for a future topic for sure.

Does anyone else have these occasional lapses in an otherwise pretty solid structure?

Oh yeh, the Dark Tower reference you may ask.  I used to play the Dark Tower when I was 7 or 8 years old, and the tower used to make this menacing song when a bad turn was about to be had (At least that's how I remember it).  The menacing song, thus indicates a menacing week that unfortunately, like Dark Tower lets you know as you are in the moment, by the time I realized I was in it, I already was recognizing it was time to fight my way out of it!

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes