SUCCESS

I don't know about you, but I must confess that I was never introduced to the science of success as I made my way through the traditional schooling methods.  I will also tell you, that I was a very good student as I finished high school, in fact finishing in the top 10 of my school, which doesn't say much, but I didn't put much effort into it either.  As I entered college, where there was no one telling me I had to go to school, the lack of effort really showed.  Not knowing what I wanted to do when I grew up (funny right) I did the usual.  Take a couple of these classes with a sprinkle of those, and at the end of the day, hope that I figured out what it was I would be doing with this so called life.

Well, I can tell you, that method didn't work out so much for me.  I headed down a path of education to earn a degree in chemistry.  You realize, chemistry, for me, was not interesting, not exciting, not enjoyable, you get it, right.....I did it because I took 5 credits of chemistry between general chem and chem lab, and in my world, it was all about getting it over with as quickly as possible to move on to the next phase.

As you may know, that is probably not the best method for success.  In my opinion, if you can't get passionate about something, you will never rise to the top.  Now, with that being said, I also believe that you can be passionate about your integrity, a job well done, a sense of accomplishment.  For me, in the world of working as an engineer putting chemicals on glass that may or may not work to excite little electrons to illuminate and make a small tv screen.  Yeh, I couldn't get excited about that....not even a little bit.

I have to tell you, that working for a company that closed its US based operations was probably one of the most significant things that has happened to me in my life.  It forced me out of the box.  You know, the box that we live in.  The box that says my life is just great, I make just enough to cover the bills, just enough to do a few extras, I have just enough time to live my life and go on vacations, you know, the just box.

Well, when someone carves a window into the just box, and a world outside is opened up, everything begins to change.  Should just be good enough?  In my world, just was not good enough.  We are all put on this earth for whatever reason, but it is not for just, it is for living in complete greatness and fulfilling our life with abundance.

The crux in the matter, each person definition of greatness and abundance is different.  My idea and your idea of an abundant life could be completely different.  Isn't choice a beautiful thing.  So, success to you and to me for knocking a wall in the proverbial just box and letting a light of infinite possibilities shine in on you, on me, and all of those who simply open their eyes and realize there really is no box.

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes